AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling All Soil Experts/Economists....Fertility Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 12/30/2006 02:17 (#80341 - in reply to #80249)
Subject: RE: Calling All Soil Experts/Economists....Fertility Questions

Mid Michigan
We did the same thing a couple of years ago. I got land that had been in CRP for 15-20 years I think. It was pretty lacking on lots of stuff. It seems like phosphorous was the big one. I already forgot but when the soil test came back and the co-op started talking numbers I was in shock. I wanted to put soys on. It was also wet bottom ground but very good dirt if it doesn't flood. I just bit the bullet and I decided to put on the 400 lbs per acre this year to start building it back up. I disked and had the co-op put on 300 lbs per acre with their truck and I put on 100 lbs per acre when we planted. I had them make a custom blend and it was N-6.00 - P-15.34 - K-41.32 . That is what they reccommended and it worked really good. The beans were very nice and considering all the ones that got flooded out we averaged 30 bushel to the acre. I was happy enough with that after all the brutal drenchings that bottom ground took this summer. It has actually not stopped and after we got them out it has not stopped raining consistantly yet. I am glad we made our hay in the little time we had and got them all to market for around $5.00 to $6.15 per bushel. I just wish the el ninio would calm down around here again. 40 degrees and misty weather about every other day and rain thrown in. There is still a lot of crops in the fields because the ground has not froze yet. Later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)