AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Accounting Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 12/29/2006 20:14 (#80243 - in reply to #80212)
Subject: I did not like any part of farmworks.

Little River, TX

But than FW may appears to be designed for a more complicated operation than I have. Before FW trial I used, still do as a matter of fact, a double entry program, and the spread sheet, Lotus 123.
About any double entry type accounting package will do all that you are saying you want.
I found several faults with FW in that, for me it was more complicated than need be. Appeared to be a developed by folks in love with a computer rather than people using a computer as another tool. Almost as if the program was an end in itself and the farming operation was there to support the FW programs.

With their other features I had to do all my farming by a custom applicator to keep it simple. Reason I was and am the only person doing any work. Each piece of equipment is mated with a tractor, though each tractor is mated with more than one piece of equipment. (DA 6240 pulls each of my hay mowers, the NH 1003 bale wagon, the sprayer, and a chisel plow.) It is the same for 3 other tractors and other & different equipment.

As my productivity increased I found I needed to adjust my enterprise subdivisions, something that was a pain with FW.

The only thing I gave up was those pretty maps with colored lines.  Small penalty for improved simplicity.

If I had numerous equipment operators, multiple and duplicated tractors and equipment, and spread out enterprises I can see where FW would have been a help. As long as I had someone dedicated to keep the thing fed. One truth for each system is, nothing in nothing out. Which is almost as bad as garbage in garbage out!

I simply did not have the time, or energy, to keep FW posted. Shoot it usually required 5 minutes just to step through the options to get to the place that needed to be posted. Make a wrong turn and it was considerably longer. At the end of a 12 to 14 hour day that was the straw that broke the old grouches   back!!!!!!!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)