AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2019 Review from NW KS (Pic Heavy)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 1/13/2020 17:02 (#7971628 - in reply to #7971038)
Subject: RE: 2019 Review from NW KS (Pic Heavy)

NW KS/ SC ID
WItitan2 - 1/13/2020 10:51

When I was younger, I liked a good adventure. I like the high plains a lot. I read the heritage iron article, it was good. I thought you just collected stuff, I didn't realize you parted them out for a living. If you were by Heitmans, you were pretty close to me. If you were heading west to avoid scales and took highway 10 you were real close. I do love old iron.

Thanks! We dont part too many out (mostly just hoard... lol) , so its not a big money making deal, but one of the sidelines we do to make money, because farming alone wont pay the bills. :) Its also pretty rewarding keeping some of the guys out here going when no one else has the parts.
For some of our older customers we even get roped into service work, unfortunately the one passed away about 2 years ago, we swapped an engine we sold for him during wheat harvest. Economically probably would have been cheaper to trade up to a L2, but he bought that machine new and figured if it hadn't gave up on him, he wouldnt give up on it, so he told us to get an engine out of junker row. :) Had to pull it twice, didnt have a good oil pan between the two of them, so had to get it in to finish harvest, then out again to put a perfect pan on it. made us pretty weary, but the smile was worth it. :)

Edited by GM Guy 1/13/2020 20:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)