AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ammo reloading equipment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 1/12/2020 21:23 (#7969973 - in reply to #7969759)
Subject: RE: Ammo reloading equipment?

East of Broken Bow
If you want to go on the cheap, you can use a single stage reloading press (I recommend getting quick-change dies), a powder measure, and a scale. You can speed things up a little if you get a separate primer tool.
Other things that are nice to have would be a case trimmer, primer pocket cleaner, and maybe a few other things I cant think of off the top of my head. Case trimmer nice if you headspace on the rim (revolver calibers like .38 or .357) necessary if you headspace on the case (.380, 9MM, for example).

If you are doing handgun cartridges, go with the carbide dies, the ones that you can use without case lube.

If you are going with a progressive press, I'd recommend going with one with an extra space for a powder check die. This die shows the amount of powder in the case via a little indicator. After a few rounds, you will have a pretty good idea how full the case should be, and it will give you a warning of a case that is dangerously over or under charged, or even if the powder measure isn't throwing a consistent load.

We use a Hornaday, mostly because the factory is in Grand Island, Ne, and we go there from time to time, and if we need anything, we can swing by, and get it directly from them, in terms of warranty parts. For warranty work, we make and appointment for when we'll be in town, drop it off, and pick it up later in the day, before we go home. If it weren't for that, we'd likely have gotten a Dillon instead, as it seems to have just a bit more 'metal'.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)