AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader moisture sensor parts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/12/2020 07:19 (#7967903 - in reply to #7962907)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader moisture sensor parts?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Adrian - 1/9/2020 20:15

sunman - 1/9/2020 13:03

Take the auger out for safety. Then take the moisture sensor out. Reach in with your fingers and touch the round, white proximity sensor. It should show a little light on it when you touch it...at that point you should hear a click and the motor will run. No light - change prox sensor. If you see a light with no click...possibly the relay. Replace it - it's cheap. Still don't work? replace the control circuit. You have already tested the motor. Assuming all fuses are ok first...

I had a relay go bad on one this fall....it happens.

I haven't tried that this winter, but during harvest putting my hand over the proximity sensor would not make it run. I don't remember if there was a light there or not, but I do know that pressing the manual clean out button didn't work either.

Thanks,
Adrian

If pushing the button didn't work I'd say the relay is bad. The electronic device that is also involved works off of the proximity sensor either of which could be bad but the pushbutton is pretty much a direct override of those parts. I would change the relay and then test the button. It should start every time. Then try putting your hand on the proximity sensor. There is an adjustment on it that is made with a small screw. I would try the relay first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)