AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody dealt with shingles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John 86
Posted 7/27/2009 22:37 (#790674 - in reply to #790394)
Subject: RE: Anybody dealt with shingles

Seaforth, Ontario

Funny (not) that you post that now. My sister has been going through a bad dose for 3 weeks, getting better but worst I ever heard. From the middle of her chest, under arm, over shoulder and on left shoulder blade. She's going to scar bad. Her husband confirmed his case today, but only small area on his right shoulder and neck. STRESS. She was scheduled from knee replacement in December when hubby had to go for quick prostate surgery (done within 3 weeks). He took early retirement from job,cost him some pay, but had to be done. He came home from hospital to find basement flooded; previous owner and builder said never have water problem, so don't need sump pump. Of course, insurance company said you're on your own; but did settle for partial loss. House was mess for 6 weeks. And he's been having trouble getting things under control, so all totalled a recipe for shingles. Sister is taking Lyrica (sp) for nerve pain and both are using some cream. Those two are very thankful for Canadian health care.

BTW, I had shingles at age 40, shortly after being diagnosed as diabetic; mild, nothing like my sister.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)