AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody dealt with shingles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bmcpherson
Posted 7/27/2009 20:04 (#790421 - in reply to #790394)
Subject: Re: Anybody dealt with shingles

yes i have this spring, did you catch them intime to get a shot to ease the pain and to soften the break out?

I tore my shoulder up lifting someting over my head and i broke out with a blotch on my upper arm on the side i hurt my shoulder. was about the size of a half dollar, hten i had a cut on my palm and had spot there about the size of a half dollar. I got them during planting while the one on my palm is completely gone the one on my arm are still there, they are dry and prolly just going to end up as scars but you can still see them. Man once they started comeing to the surface they itched the one on my palm came up under the healing tissue of the cut adn swelled up the size of a golf ball, I treated the same as my arm and finally i hit it on something accidentally and it popped and it healed a lot faster.

My sis is a nurse practicioner and said the best treatment for htem was to go to walmart and get some abreva it is expensive and treat it 3 times a day. man does it work. Takes the itching away and numbs some of the soreness. Shingles affect everyone differently some have no pain some had major pain. The breakout on my arm had not pain but the one on my palm was horrible. But the abreva works. Also on a side not if you pop one wash it with peroxide as it will spred like a chicken pox. and they never cross ot the other side of the body, it is a viral nerve condition. if it on your right side, you will not break out on your left side. and htey are only contagious for the first 72 hrs.

Hope this helps
Brad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)