AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Grain Dryer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Olsnfrms
Posted 10/26/2019 19:19 (#7811933 - in reply to #7811914)
Subject: RE: New Grain Dryer

Northwest IL
First season so others may have more experience than myself. I really like the drag conveyor unload. It is hooked together with the metering rolls so the faster the metering rolls turn the faster the conveyor unloads and it runs really smooth. I have the gravity fill option and it also works flawless and eliminates a motor. On the initial fill you will have a coffee can of corn on the ground and inside the plenums from it ricocheting as it fills but after that it isn’t that messy.

I also ordered it with 5’ tall legs to get the fall I needed to my dry leg and the tall legs are really nice for cleaning up and working around it.

Some order taller cooling screens and I would advise against doing that from my limited experience. I added the expandable option without the 2’ taller screens. I run the loovers wide open and sometimes wish I had them closed a little more to recapture more heat but I want to unload above ambient (20-35 degrees)to take the last .5-.75 point out in the bin.

Email is good if I can be of any help. Others did me the favor last winter.

Edited by Olsnfrms 10/26/2019 19:32

(5AB19DFF-FE98-4722-A2BE-5E95E672BA33 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 5AB19DFF-FE98-4722-A2BE-5E95E672BA33 (full).jpeg (150KB - 48 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)