AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip crop soybean harvest pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 10/12/2019 07:03 (#7786307 - in reply to #7786281)
Subject: RE: Strip crop soybean harvest pics

southern MN
I remember this being researched long ago, I think it was before traited beans, so while the research was neat, weed control was about impossible back then so few tried it very much at all.

See it come back a few times. It has potential, the logistics seem to get in the way. Maybe the addition of gps to traited weed control will make it work out now.

The potential bump in corn yield is the goal, but it often comes with a small loss in beans as they get less sun and less drying in fall. It trying to harvest sunshine more efficiently by exposing the corn to more. But of course, the beans get less sun....

Saw south of me was it 2 years ago, or last year, someone working with small grains instead of beans stripped with corn. That looked interesting as the small grains get planted earlier, collect sun earlier. Probably shaded some just as grain fill happens, small grains aren’t worth much anyhow here, having all grass crops,and getting the small grain to dry in the tall corn would be the problems to challenge a small grain/ corn strip program I would guess.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)