AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your experience with non-gmo soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Newport MI
Posted 9/20/2019 17:57 (#7745797 - in reply to #7744935)
Subject: RE: What is your experience with non-gmo soybeans

rank - 9/20/2019 08:39

Newport MI - 9/19/2019 22:06

tw35 - 9/19/2019 16:46

Raised them for past 5yrs. Premiums made it worth it but weeds have gradually gotten worse in them over time. Switching to E3s next, probably stay with them for 3-4yrs then look at going back to nongmo.

Same exact story here...

curious how many times you guys have raised beans on the same field in that 5 years?

Some rotated yearly, some back to back, some for 5yrs
Depending on weather on whether we could get corn planted on it or not. Some was after wheat some was after corn and some had 5 years of beans in a row. Some fields in the city you never know if you're going to have year to year. So planting corn was not an option and planting wheat was pretty scary come the 4th of July.
The fields were very clean year-to-year until 2015 all my Acres went to preventive planting because it never stopped rain until July. I work them all that summer and sprayed them in the fall but the weeds just kept coming primarily Canadian thistle. It got to the point where the spray what's stunting them and they couldn't recover quick enough and costing me a fortune. Up until then everything was done pre-emergence which was nice cuz I never had to pull the sprayer back out after burn down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)