AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your experience with non-gmo soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wresfar77
Posted 9/19/2019 19:15 (#7744100 - in reply to #7743441)
Subject: RE: What is your experience with non-gmo soybeans

It depends on your management style, your terminals, the season. You should try some and see. Never listen to second party advice like Dan because it is useless. We have grown them for 12 seasons third to half the crop. Most of the time the weed control has been adequate. In the past few years, the NGMO yields are better than Extends but that has not been always been the case. The biggest problem now is damage from Ubiquitous Dicamba Syndrome which probably the biggest problem for us all if we were honest about it. The stunting and dry spell coincided badly this year causing some real issues with waterhemp control. It makes you wonder what breathing dicamba is doing to us. It is a real concern about whether we must grow dicambas just to protect ourselves from damage in our area. Sad situation but I suspect it has always been in the cards. It used to be that the seed costs were lower for NGMO but that is no longer the case as of next year. At least from the pricing information, I have gotten so far. If premiums remain at $1.50 I will stay with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)