AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Johnson county IA proposed new livestock ban
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 8/10/2019 21:07 (#7665878 - in reply to #7664752)
Subject: RE: Johnson county IA proposed new livestock ban

SE IA
beanplanter - 8/10/2019 09:22

Angus8335 - 8/10/2019 07:11 I read the article to say 25 animal units per acre maximum. That’s 4000 animal units on 160 acres I don’t know what you’re worried about. ...Dennis

This forum is a constant flow of young guys inquiring about hog, chicken, & turkey barns. 

They don't own 160 acres and many may never own that much land. Their only foot in the Ag door is their labor and a company contract that will barely float a building. You're slamming that door as if it's no big deal. What are the affects of locking out the youth? What is the average age of a farmer? Where do the answers to those questions lead this industry? How likely are the shunned to defend you in the future? 

At first they came for X, but I didn't own X so it wasn't going to affect me. Then they came for Y, but I didn't own Y either so it didn't affect me. ... then they came for me.

You dont understand.....this group in Iowa City wants to end all agriculture. Animals are the first to go, then it will be the crops. They dont care about young people. They wont be happy until the entire county is seeded back to prairie.....then they will realize that humans really werent part of the natural landscape.....so then they will want to get rid of the humans too.

Edited by jocoshar23 8/10/2019 21:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)