AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vermeer balers ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JPT
Posted 8/9/2019 21:18 (#7663946 - in reply to #7663819)
Subject: RE: Vermeer balers ?

dieselfume1 - 8/9/2019 20:17

JPT - 8/9/2019 18:30

O.u.and.direct - 8/9/2019 15:25

The M for sure especially if it’s a late one ,a year or two before the super M. Yes JPT hex shafts,bearings and sprockets are easier to work on for sure but I don’t like when they start knocking. What does a guy do about it?
I don’t like that either. I’ve learned to just ignore it for the most part and if it’s bad enough build them up with a mig and grinder in the off season. It’s just the shaft falling in the hex hole, re shimming helps but kinda temporary. We have a great dealership in welch America that will fix all that stuff in the off season, they pull belts and chains......roll the rollers by hand and listen to bearings..anything that doesn’t sound right is replaced. Money well spent imo.

No hex knock on our Vermeer 605n, at 6000 bales, but our neighbors has been knocking like crazy at 1600 bales. I blame the setup from the factory where they didn't have the drive roller shimmed correctly. But my question is, is why does John Deere not have an issue with hex knock? I've never had any issue with a John Deere sprocket knocking or making any kind of noise on their baler at over 30,000 bales
That’s interesting, would like to know the answer as well. Maybe what sandhillsam said about quickmetal but there goes the ease of repair in the field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)