AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Future of feeding hogs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

robaer1
Posted 12/20/2006 23:37 (#76578 - in reply to #76206)
Subject: Re: Future of feeding hogs

eddie, i respect your response but ethanol with $4 corn is hard to make a profit on the ethanol side even with the tax incentave. something has to give!!!! this senerio was seen along time ago. ddgs as well as other crops will have to replace your feed ration and hopefully in the near future corn will be replaced for its starch content. the reason corn is a big hit is because its been used sense the turn of the century and before. i laugh my ass off at some of these guys talking about new technology and the new tech is based on an old foundation that needs to be replaced. corn is not the best crop for starch and precision ag needs soil samples you can trust. be funny to plant a whole feild and find out your samples are bad. tex you have some veryyy good advice about boom and bust. but the man who has the cash when everyone is scraping to pick up the peices is the one who positioned himself for oportunity{ed those olivers are a fav of mine]. some will win some will lose, thats the way it bounces good or bad. i beleive in farmer made ethanol but its only a pipe dream espcialy at these prices. the reason ,because once again farmer has less overhead and if it where treated like milk. the farmer would win at both ends with fuel and ddgs but too much bs to go through it'll never happen. don't worry though the market should even out if the gov dosn't mandate ethanol everywhere. if they do there's not enough corn for the demand and once again the cart before the horse. growing pains. soooo for you fellows that don't grow corn or can't there may be a new crop
comming along that has a profit similar to big oil. this is where we need alot of reseach an i say hats off to canada and some of there progress in that area. my position: a small fry in a big world, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Edited by robaer1 12/21/2006 00:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)