AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

????'s for striptillers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

loran
Posted 12/20/2006 09:29 (#76190 - in reply to #76073)
Subject: Re: ????'s for striptillers

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
Jim, I just about bought a 12mounted planter but was convinced to shy away from for several reasons--

1- potential for resale, I'd probaly be married to it, when looking for planter I searched high and low the nearest late model 12r was up in MN.

2-on sharp contours, would the closing wheels follow the seed trench? I have seen the a 12r pull do a better job closing then the previous 6r pull ever did(improved again as much when I changed closing wheels)

3-A little worried about overall weight, I already carry 750 gal of liquid, tractor with tanks full over 30,000#

4-this year is the first year I've sidressed the steepest hills while it was a challenge it got done, even with a mounted bar,duals on and very short corn(first I did probaly 3 leaf) there was times I'd have to run with my front tires in a different row the rears, until I learned to drain the side tanks first and do the steepest with just front tank which is lower and a better CG.

Thanks for all the advise so far, enjoy. On a side note Jim, I called your receptionist back and told her I have the bearing with the bolt through on the 3004 coulters. And here's the link for Ortho maps(should be of my home place--loran

http://cairo.gis.iastate.edu/client2.cgi?zoom=5&x0=595083&y0=475576...

Edited by loran 12/20/2006 09:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)