AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Father's Day failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

suzeq
Posted 6/23/2009 20:54 (#755094 - in reply to #753375)
Subject: RE: Father's Day failure

Dave,

When I read this post yesterday I physically hurt for you. When my ex husband told me that he wanted a divorce I thought the world stopped. I didn't eat solid food for two weeks. I cried, then cried some more, and then cried some more. I had two daughters 5 and 3. There was no choice but to pick up and move forward. If you are not able to work something out with her, then get a good lawyer. Make peace with her for the kids.

This is about the kids. YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE and its important to remember that no matter what happens remain in their lives. They will need you. My parents divorced and I can count on two hands how many times I saw my dad. He didn't just leave my mom, he left all of us. I've always had a piece of my heart that is missing.

The next few months will be hard. Holidays, school functions, heck even going to walmart won't be easy...but you will find a path that you will walk down and you will be okay. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't be afraid to forgive your wife. When you are able to forgive her, you will be able to begin to heal.

kat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)