AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I broke my bum....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/22/2009 15:42 (#753837 - in reply to #753257)
Subject: Re: I think I broke my bum....

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
"I think I broke my bum" . That title reminds me of a mistake I made at about 6 years old that I will remember for the rest of my life. We had a big old hip roof barn with a hay mow in the center and cattle in lean too areas on three sides. The cattle areas and hay mow were two story with a second story landing about 15 ft wide all around the hay mow.
To get loose hay down to the ground level, the second story floor had several 4 ft square holes where you forked in loose hay untill it was full up to the second level floor.
One great bit of fun for a 6 year old was that after the work of filling the hay hole, you leaped onto that heap of hay at the second floor level and rode it to the ground as it compressed under you. One day I climbed the ladder through one of the hay holes on one side of the hay mow. Saw another hole on the other side capped by hay, thought hey !!, that ones still full and is a chance for a quick fun ride to the lower level without climbing down the ladder. WRONG !!! that hay hole was filled a little too full and a thin cap of hay remained above the upstairs floor after the pile below was removed. I leaped onto the hay pile, the thin cap collapsed under me and I hit the hard ground floor 10 ft below in a seated position, KERSPLAT !! AHHHH, IT HURTS !!!, CAN'T BREATHE !!!, AM I GONNA DIE ???. I never did that again without checking if the hay pile really was there. LOL ;-)

Edited by Jon Hagen 6/22/2009 16:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)