AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why are we aliens here on AgTalk?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 6/22/2009 02:10 (#753372)
Subject: Why are we aliens here on AgTalk?

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
Okey, non North Americans. Why do we write on AgTalk?

Me personally have couple reasons. No-Till stuff for some people in Finland is seen as religion and they believe it dosen't makes any sence to try to save soil, lower operation cost, etc. If you post question about no till problems answer will be why will you try something that just will not work ever and hasn't worked anywhere in a world. Pretty hard to get decent conversation going about no-till. They like to talk which tractor is the best and there is days when I think my 5 year old son have more realistic picture of world that these BTO farmers (on our scale) whit their 1500 US$/ac machinery capital. This seem to be real deal here since couple BTO dairys went down this spring when things did get little thight. That was nasty talk, sorry about that.....

Then, I can learn lot of from AgTalk. And it is really interesting see pictures and how farming is done whit different crops, size and conditions. + I hope I can bring my own little corner of different farming to you.

Sure my trips to PNW are one reason too. And I gotta say....some people say that New World does not have history and this and that, but it is very impressive for farmer to see. Landscape is beautifull too. Can't complain Americanos eighter. Always have been treaded very good. Well if I reaaly dig down I might be able to find some rental deals whit vans and motels :) I still enjoy of it after 15 years.

So, why are we here? Do you "locals" ever wonder that?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)