AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I broke my bum....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 6/21/2009 11:37 (#752467)
Subject: I think I broke my bum....

North Western Alberta
Wow... I used to race motocross.... Rode the Canadian Pro class. That was like, 8 years ago. Well, couple buddies thought we should go to the local track, and relive old days. They are both new riders, just having fun. So, I thought what the heck. Im only 38, but a full time office job, spending three hours a day commuting, farming 850 acres, and my boy pursuing a hockey career has meant ZERO time for me. So... Im in crappy shape. 30lbs over weight, and in terrible conditioning for what I used to be.

Anywhoo... got to the track with the boys Honda CR450F, and took it easy for a while. WIthin 4 or 5 laps, I was clearing all the big jumps, etc, but couldnt charge for more than a half a lap due to arm pump, and my lungs are about the size of a kidney bean. So, last lap of the day, Im pretty tired, and over jumped a pretty good sized table top. Flat landed the bugger, about 10 or 15 feet past the down slope. Legs were SUPER tired, as were my arms. SO, I ended up slapping my arse into the seat... HARD. I bottomed that CRF so hard... man... it even clanked... lol My butt slammed down so hard on the seat, I felt my tailbone "pop". Not sure what that means, if its just kinda bruised or what, but man, I can hardly move!!!

That, and every muscle in my body is so sore from the level of intensity that motocross gives ya. Let me tell ya... the mind and speed are still there.. but the body and conditioning.... not so much... Ha Ha!!!

This is painful...wow. But.... MAN WAS THAT FUN!!!! I miss riding so much. There is a real big step up that goes into a real big table top jump, and man did it feel good to have that sensation again. What a great sport. I sure miss it. If I do end up having an auction this coming spring, I know what Im doing again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)