AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a letter from the district court, they want me to be on a jury, now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 6/21/2009 03:19 (#752209 - in reply to #751085)
Subject: Years ago

North End I-15
A jury for a child molestation case was called . I was among those called . As they were questioning each I was trying to think of some way to get dismissed .
One of my friends when asked if he had any thoughts on the case said . "If that had been my granddaughter , there would not have been a need for this trial" . He was dismissed.
Another fellow said " The DA and I are good drinking buddies " He was dismissed .
At last it was my turn . All the good excuses were used up !

So we sat 2 days , found the fellow guilty . Found out later that he had also molested 2 other younger ones in the same family . He was the favorite uncle of course. There are some sick SOB's out there.

My wife sat on a federal case . Any crime committed involving drugs and guns becomes Federal .
Turns out the felon was a cousin to my cousins husband . Wife pointed that out to the Judge . Judge asked if she knew the person , "no " do you think this would affect your ability to make a fair and impartial judgment "no " She was on . Really a sad case involving Meth . The boys mother was grateful he was found guilty.

Edited by Ernie 6/21/2009 03:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)