AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a letter from the district court, they want me to be on a jury, now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/21/2009 00:11 (#752142 - in reply to #752098)
Subject: RE: Got a letter from the district court, they want me to be on a jury, now what?

Chebanse, IL.....

JDH, you don't have to call me "Mr.", but thanks anyway. It doesn't happen often, usually not good when it does.

However, how about my question re. "unwilling" jurors. If you were on trial for something, would you like to know that 50 or 75% of those folks sitting in the jury have a chip on their shoulder for being there because if they don't sit there, they'll go to jail themselves?

Another quick story. A good friend of mine helped convince the rest of the jury that a gentleman on trial for local robbery was innocent. Friend felt all evidence pointed to that & truly thought he did the right thing pointing out these facts to the rest of the jury during deliberation. The defendant was found not guilty. A couple of weeks later my friend just happened to see the defendant again, not in court, just happenstance. The now freed defendant said, "hey thanks to you guys (meaning jury), I'm a free man. But, I did it (meaning the crime) anyway. Doesn't matter now though...". My friend said that wasn't interested in jury duty any longer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)