AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a letter from the district court, they want me to be on a jury, now what?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boog
Posted 6/20/2009 12:57 (#751598 - in reply to #751085)
Subject: Re: Got a letter from the district court, they want me to be on a jury, now what?

BY chance are you an elected official? If so that should get you out of it, at least it will for a Federal Grand Jury & here in IN. A few years back I got a letter calling me for Fed GJ and was given a website to go to to fill out the questionair. About the 11th or 12th question was if I was an elected offical. Being that I am, Township Trustee, I answered "Yes". Soon as I did another page came up & said I was excused. A couple years later I got called for our County Grand Jury. It was harvest time & I went in to see the judge & told him my situation & that I would gladly serve in the winter when I wasn't farming. He asked "Aren't you a Twp Trustte" When I told him yes he said I was excused.

I had a friend that got called for Fed GJ a few years back in St. Louis. He ran a business with his elderly father. He tried to get out of it but they wouldn't release him & he ended up serving over a year as Foreman. Really hurt their business as it was family run & his father was too old to run it buy himself & his brother lived in CA & was a doctor. They ended up hiring a guy to come in & help his dad but it wasn't the same & they ended up selling the business not long afterwards though that wasn't the entire reason for selling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)