AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Peony Paradise!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 6/11/2009 01:10 (#740692 - in reply to #740280)
Subject: Re: Peonies, and Chickens Too!

Blooming where I am planted!
P.S. Now do you believe I have a little farm going?? All I need now are some chickens! Just my luck they're probably prohibited here...got to check about that.

Funny thing, about 10 blocks from Midway airport there's a guy who's been living in his house for over 40 years. He has chickens (and 2 blocks from his house there is a feed store that sells, of course, feed as well as live chicks and ducklings) and the city government recently decided to prohibit chickens. Well there was ab big outcry, lots of letters the editor along the lines of "just let him be--he's a well-loved elderly gentleman who takes care of his animals". The main concern was the "noise" the chickens would make (not just his, but others if they were to get chickens). Funny thing is, he lives 2 blocks off an insanely busy street near the I-55 expressway. This street is 6 lanes wide (10 if you count the right and left turn lanes on either side). This road is heavily traveled every day by huge semi trucks going back and forth to light and heavy industrial areas. They put a lot of wear and tear on the road and are very, VERY noisy. There were numerous comments in these letters to the editor that the big semi trucks make more noise than the chickens! and that people would rather hear chickens than the loud semis.

The debate really was something to observe!

Edited by amsunshine 6/11/2009 01:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)