AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Call first, be nice, and this is what you get.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

lorne0406
Posted 3/24/2019 09:15 (#7398190 - in reply to #7397594)
Subject: RE: Call first, be nice, and this is what you get.

Kingston, Ontario
I find being calm and polite helps in most situations. I think it throws people off because they aren't expecting it. A few years back I was trying to fly from Minneapolis to Montreal, Canada and United Airlines had me routed through Chicago. There had been a huge thunderstorm the night before and many flights had been cancelled. To put in nicely, the airport was a zoo. Many people were finding out they had been bumped from their flights to re-book the airlines' higher status passengers. There was a huge lineup at the customer service desk with passenger after passenger berating this young female junior employee. (incidentally figure they have one of the worst jobs in the world). Anyway, when I got my turn I showed her my ticket, and commented that I could her see her job wasn't boring today. She gave me a smile but I could see her bracing herself to be yelled at after she gave me the bad news. However, I powered on and told her I just wanted to get to Montreal asap today; how I got there wasn't important. With relief visible on her face she said, 'you don't need to go to Chicago/?' No! "would a direct flight boarding in 1/2 hour do?" Wow I thanked her profusely for helping me; a bit more than an hour later hour later we were on our way. I'm always puzzled when I see people losing it and screaming at some junior person who has no control over what they are being berated for.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)