AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pelvic measuring heifers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

bleedgreen720
Posted 3/21/2019 21:52 (#7394347 - in reply to #7394182)
Subject: RE: Pelvic measuring heifers?

AB.
My vet does palpate heifers and make sure all parts are present and normal. pelvises are out of the equation. I agree with comment above about pelvis size correlating with bigger animal size. We are playing Russian roulette up here in the north.
I better get back outside and check what heifers are left to calve no doubt when my back is turned thats when that unknown misshapen pelvis one will calve and she'll die. Just ribbing you old tiger For all i know your calving out a thousand cows by yourself on a section of land. I have my 150 calving on 7 acres under lights with facilities at hand for weather and trouble calving. Have i had a c section? yes. In fact i have had one this year on a 3 rd calver who calved unasssted as a heifer and second calver. same bull as last year backwards this year which i thought would be routine pull He wouldnt budge...even the vet tried pulling before we did a C. Shes a good sized cow with a big ol pelvis. Honesly if the calf had come forward i think it would have popped out no problem.
Cheers
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)