AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle and probiotics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Beefbiz
Posted 3/20/2019 10:22 (#7390822 - in reply to #7390204)
Subject: RE: Cattle and probiotics

all over Iowa

I think it's a good product and a good company. I've had clients use it. They quit because of the hassle - this was the original product that had to remain frozen until just before adding it the ration. On several thousand head they figured they were spending a half hour every day just getting in and out of the payloader to take the Bovamine out of the cooler and putting it into the loader bucket. Those clients went to Micro-Aid because it cost less and we could carry it in their Balancer so no extra step.
The same company now has a stable Bovamine product that does not need to be kept frozen, I sat in on their release meeting for this new product to check the data. They showed a pretty consistent response, but Micro-Aid still shows better avg performance gains in their multiple trials at a lower cost per head per day so we have stuck with that on the former Bovamine users. I don't know that Micro-Aid is any better or worse - on any given day one would probably do better than the other. But we didn't feel the new Bovamine data was impressive enough to make the change.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)