AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who owns a 5th wheel camper?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kduffy
Posted 6/9/2009 21:50 (#738861 - in reply to #737522)
Subject: Re: Who owns a 5th wheel camper?

Burlington, KS
Rich, sounds like they are leading you down the right track. We bought another this year, after I lost the last one in the "fire" (divorce). A '97, 29' Prowler hardside travel trailer this time. I learned a lot on the last one that I did not want to do again. The kitchen in one end sucks, you and I couldn't sit in the booth, and it is always crowded. The tall fifth wheels will have plenty of room, the short ones, well it is only a few days or so and you won't spend all day up there too. The travel trailer gives you lot of room on the flatbed for toys and such. The bunkhouses always appealed to me, but I never had one. The toyboxes are good, but still new enough that they are pricey, but some may be had. If you are not opposed to spending time in the winter working on one, some water damage can be over come, but you won't be here chatting much. The hard side is the way to go if you are leaving it outside. It will get hailed on and you may have an occasionaly picky bone about such things! Start with a mid '80s or so and plan to replace it in a couple years, you will always find something you hate about it and features you love on some one elses. I liked the '78, 32' Twilight Bungalow 5th wheel I lived in in college better than the '88, 33' Holiday Rambler TT I had. They will not lose much value from that point so you won't be out much in the education. It is cheaper to get started that way. The economy is finding a lot of them out there now, so you may find newer ones at nearly the same price. Craig's list is a good place, I have never bought anything bigger than a cell phone on EvilBay. Go to big dealers like Loveland, CO and wander around, they will be glad to show you around and you will find features that you like on every different model. Call if you got questions. I can make up answers.
Did you find a front end unit?
Duffy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)