AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dekalb Seed Corn Price!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 6/8/2009 17:04 (#737168 - in reply to #735320)
Subject: RE: Dekalb Seed Corn Price!!

Grand Rapids, MI
westfarms - 6/7/2009 07:30

Anyone plant any RR varieties DKC60-51 or DKC61-22? If so, just curious what your price was on these numbers? I finished up the corn Saturday but had to have Dad run over to the local Crop Production Service and pickup 3 bags to finish. Only ended up needing 2 of tthe bags so I'll take one back. Dad got back, $795 FOR 3 BAGS!!! Seems way overpriced, unless it is going to make 275 bu/A, and then it is still overpriced. Guess it has been a while since I bought any "name brand" seed.

Todd

I suspect your 275bu/ac is a little exagerated. You paid on average $265/bag. If your other seed was $165/bag this would be $100/bag or about $35/acre premium or about 10 bushels. Are you saying that you were expecting 265bu/ac with your other seed?

Also you are comparing apples and oranges a bit. If you pick up 3 bags in the heat of the season of a brand that you did not negotiate any pricing on, you are paying for convienience, probably list price. Kind of like when I visit clients in the field, I take a cooler of bottled water to give out. Costs me $0.12 each at Sam's Club. If I stopped at the gas station, that same bottle would likely cost me over a buck. Cost of convenience.

If you order ahead, I would expect you would find 20%+ discounting off list price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)