AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dekalb Seed Corn Price!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ehoff
Posted 6/7/2009 09:59 (#735451 - in reply to #735402)
Subject: Re: Dekalb Seed Corn Price!!

Central Missouri
I had a long lunch talk with Monsanto this past winter. This is what I told them...
1. They have good products
2. They have excellent field personell
3. Their Pricing policies are virtually immoral (due to the fact that they charge as much as they absolutely can and beyond)
4. Whomever developed their business plan years ago was brilliant
5. Monsanto's practice that you are guilty until proven innocent goes counter to what this country was founded on
6. Farmers are screwed when a Monsanto investigator steps on your property because we don't have the funds to defend ourselves
7. When you sighn the tech agreement it is for life and binds you to anything new that Monsanto comes out with
8. If Monsanto has a grievance against you and you are dumb enough to defend yourself in court it goes to the U.S. district court in STL
9. If you have a grievance against Monsanto it is settled by arbitration. Sorry no court proceedings that is in the tech agreement also
10. Monsanto sent subpoenas to 100+ farmers in central MO and demanded they turn-over their spray and seed purchase records so as to prove their innocence. Thye 100+ names came from a coop hard drive and were the names of any farmers who had wheat or clover seed cleaned there. None of the farmers were comensated to my knowledge for their time. Monsanto did catch some 25-30 farmers by doing this but lost alot more customers in the process. The travisty in this is that the district court allowed it. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent.
11. I told them that it was wrong for them to fly their corporate jet to the home of commodity organization officers and state farm bureau presidents pick them up, take them duck hunting and fly them home. Buying influence as I see it. Getting face time as they see it. To his credit the MO Farm Bureau Pres declined his invitation,

Now if you think the price is high you havn't seen nothing yet. Smartstacks out the w***oo is next and you aren't gonna have much of a choice. It hurts seed co profits to provide the same genetics 4 different ways. Then comes N use and H2O use efficiency.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)