AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody went back to full tillage?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmerjon52
Posted 2/24/2019 12:16 (#7341231 - in reply to #7340774)
Subject: RE: Anybody went back to full tillage?

Matt, I will agree on the attitude. I have not been able to attend the cover crop conference the past 2 years, I wish I had the time to. Our county Farmer Led watershed meeting just after corn/soy had a good attitude to it but we didn't have a general session covering the commodities or an ag economist speak either. The message from both at corn/soy was very realistic and sobering. It was not rosy.

When you go to a conference with like minded people you are pretty much promoting what you are there for. You may talk about the struggles, but most people aren't going to go to a cover crop conference to preach about the failures in the system and suggest not using them. I wonder, is there a "National Tillage Conference?"

Whether or not you cover crop, no till, etc times are leaner than previous years. Farmers as a breed seem to farm in the past especially last year. I really learned that when worked off the farm working with farmers. After last year its hard to have a great attitude. However, this year is another learning opportunity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)