AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keep Jason Sheehan and others in the area in your thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WSFarm
Posted 2/11/2019 09:34 (#7313083 - in reply to #7313015)
Subject: RE: Keep Jason Sheehan and others in the area in your thoughts

Zillah WA
t rock - 2/11/2019 07:09

Where did this info come from ? wind chill has been similar to Midwests polar snap last week, the winds and drifts are high at the ranch 100 miles north east of him. terrible news for Jason and many other of his neighbors, the whole area is dairy. Biggest problem has been late severe winter conditions after otherwise mild winter "cows not haired up" thanks for the heads up.

I’m 20 miles or so away from Jason. The info originally posted I heard from dairy friends as well. Lots of lost dairy cattle around. Went from 45 degrees super bowl Sunday to highs in the teens by Tuesday then Saturday we had 30 mph winds with 50 mph gusts and snow for about 16 hours. People are still snowed in. We usually get 5-6 inches of snow a few times a year, it was the wind that got us. If a road was cleared it was buried again 45 minutes later. Lots of people stranded in cars around. Lots of dairyman and farmers were up all night clearing roads for milk trucks and rescuing people that rescue crews couldn’t get too. Snow plow trucks really were useless in the 5-7 ft some 10 ft drifts. Only payloaders worked to dig. And tractors with silage blades. Yesterday was sunny but cold my friends Who dairy talk to expect the death toll of cattle to rise. We were fortunate our beef cattle on corn stalks faired well.

Picture is of a road that gets always bad. Constant 4-5 ft drifts for about a mile. Supposed to get another 7-10 inches today/tonight. Hopefully no more wind.

Edited by WSFarm 2/11/2019 09:40

(EA0BF49A-D89A-4B1F-84C7-3CEA39ADC1D2 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments EA0BF49A-D89A-4B1F-84C7-3CEA39ADC1D2 (full).jpeg (111KB - 195 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)