AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming could change in New York on Monday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

msb
Posted 5/31/2009 11:52 (#728242 - in reply to #728218)
Subject: Re: Farming could change in New York on Monday

Lapel, In
Once again this is all about a segment of society that thinks it is their job to control the masses. Flip 37 is correct when he says the employees can up and quit. I say if they don't like the wages or working conditions, they can find another place to work. It should be the sole decision of the owner if he choses to pay overtime.Don't like it ? Quit.
The person who is putting his money and resources on the line is shown little or no concern when he is told how he is to run his business. I don't agree with that kind of rationale.What we will probably see is more small business ownwers taking their ball and going home. All of a sudden the business owner in this case has become the "little guy" with no one to fight for him. This world has gone mad. Maybe cabbage at $4 a pound or no cabbage at all will change some minds ?

"Any other business has to budget for overtime. You get better work out of them too." That is a ridiculous statement ! Better work ? I have known of instances where the worker would screw around, knowing full well it would mean some overtime for the workers.

Edited by msb 5/31/2009 11:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)