AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talk me out of spraying pre behind planter.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CaseIH7240
Posted 1/27/2019 19:14 (#7277285 - in reply to #7277085)
Subject: RE: Talk me out of spraying pre behind planter.

Ohio
We spray behind our planter and get along good with it. Have done it for years. We actually converted our fertilizer tank on the planter to the spray tank. It holds 600 gallons but we usually only put 450 max in it. We don’t put any fertilizer on because we could get it to pay. I like spraying with the planter because we can plant right up to a rain and all of our chemicals put on. No worries. We built a trailer specifically for planting corn. Hold four totes of seed corn, all our chemicals, and water. We have a guy at the trailer at all times. He mixes chemicals a couple rounds before we need them on a mixing tank to let them adgitate good. I don’t think we gain to much time as a sprayer could run over what we planted at the end of the day quick but we don’t have the man power and we do everything ourselves. I’m wanting to do a study myself and out chemicals on with the sprayer and keep it off the planter. We have compaction issues so lightening up the planter would help. All in all it works well ok our situation. This is on a deere 1770 16 row.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)