AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Talk me out of spraying pre behind planter.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 1/27/2019 19:10 (#7277274 - in reply to #7277085)
Subject: RE: Talk me out of spraying pre behind planter.

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
Well, If you don't want to do it..............I'm not the guy you want to talk too because I've done it for years (25-30 years) and don't plan on changing.

What you say is true, it will slow planting some, but it's much quicker than having to go back and spray later. I might add that I'm pretty much a one-man horse an pony show on this farm

I've planted in some good strong winds and never had any drift problem. The nozzles are low to the ground (below knee high). I have the brackets Shoup sells. I also use wide angle Flood Jet tips at a very low (20psi) pressure which I think helps.

I've never noticed my planter getting any dirtier doing it either and I even use 28% as a carrier. I feel I have more planter mess from the 2x2 than the pre-spray. That said, I think there has been twice that I had a hose get a hole rubbed in it.....those times I just folded it up and went to the barn an found a hose.

Granted, there are days you think "I wish the spray stuff wasn't on here", days when you break a hose or the sprayer pump goes out, probably the worse was a suction hose that was collapsing on the inside (that took a while to find).............but all in all, I know I'm several hours/days ahead doing it this way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)