AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I phone 5
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/27/2019 08:34 (#7275719 - in reply to #7275556)
Subject: RE: I phone 5

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Sorry for you loss. I have an iPhone 6. I believe the iPhone 5 would be similar in dealing with the pictures. First off, the iPhone does not use a removable mini card like some other phones do.

Before the iPhone, I had another brand which was an Android phone. With it, I could remove the mini memory card and insert it in an adapter that made it look like a standard SD card. Then the card and adapter could be read by a personal computer. The files were in a folder called DCIM. Sometimes there were subfolders but the pictures were named with a generic naming scheme. The files could be copied or moved like any other files. I would do this to save them to my computer and then go back and delete them from the memory card so there was room for new pictures.

The iPhone has a removable SIM card but it is not used to store pictures. I can have my iPhone set to "send" my pictures to the cloud. A basic copy is retained on the phone. If I want to look at a picture that has been sent to the cloud, it can be recalled to the phone from the cloud. This takes a bit of time. The other option is NOT to have the pictures sent to the cloud. Then the complete pictures remain on the iPhone itself in its internal memory. The advantage of this is that the pictures are available right away on the phone. The disadvantage is the pictures use up "space" and the memory will eventually get filled up.

To transfer pictures from the iPhone to my computer, I do the following: I plug the phone into the computer with the charging cord. This will charge the phone battery and also more importantly for this project, allow communication between the computer and the iPhone.

I did this just now. When I plugged the iPhone into the charging cable which was plugged into a USB port on the computer, the computer beeped and a screen appeared showing Internal Storage of the iPhone, double clicking on it brought up a folder named DCIM. Double clicking on that brought up two folders on mine. One folder was 100Apple and the other was 100Cloud. Double clicking on the 100Apple folder shows its contents. These were the pictures that were stored completely in the phone. Depending on how the view is set, this might show mini pictures and the file names. Each picture file will end in .JPG. If all this happens, you should be able to view the pictures. You can also copy the files in another device (USB stick, hard drive etc.) with normal file copying procedures.

I'm a little confused about the 100Cloud folder. When I click on it, I get only one picture. Maybe I deleted the others prior to that one. I can't remember.

Hope this helps. I don't have my iPhone locked so maybe this won't work quite so easily for you with a locked phone.

Edited by tedbear 1/27/2019 08:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)