AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got the truck home. (Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 1/21/2019 21:41 (#7262786 - in reply to #7262557)
Subject: RE: Got the truck home. (Pics)

NW Iowa
kinzeman - 1/21/2019 20:24

It's a Canyon and I didn't want the 5 cylinder there not very good on fuel. The body is perfect with no rust it's an 07. I've bought about six vehicles down there and had very good luck with them.

You got a good pickup there and you had the opportunity to spend some quality time with your son as a side benefit. I have an 09 crew cab 2wd with the 5 cyl automatic. I keep track of every drop of gas and calculate mileage every fill up because I like to crunch figures. Just as a game I have checked the mileage running pure unleaded for ten tank fulls, 10% ethanol for ten tanks and 15% for ten tanks. Mileage was all the same. On the normal run to town driving I do it gets a weak 19 MPG in the winter and a strong 19 in the summer. If I idle it for long periods like sitting in it to stay warm while the truck is loading at the bin the mileage drops real quick to 15 or so depending on idle time. The few times I’ve had it on the road it seems to get 22-24. I don’t know if this is good or bad because I don’t have a four cylinder Colorado to compare it to. The engine is slightly buzzy like a four cylinder which surprises me because a 5 cylinder is naturally balanced. Power -wise it gets me out of trouble but it’s no tire burner for sure. I’m not biased one way or the other, I didn’t design and build it, I just wrote a check for it so I can’t brag about it. It’s just my blunt observations. LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)