AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad leaf springs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 1/19/2019 08:13 (#7255513)
Subject: Bad leaf springs?

Aggieland
Working on my service truck (I’m an ac guy it’s my daily driver). It’s an 06 dmax 2500 with a Koenig service body on it. I’ve randomly heard a squeak for the past year or so and have blamed it on the transfer case rebuild that occurred before it started. My mechanic (didn’t do rebuild) could occasionally hear it but thought it was u joints. They were replaced at the time of transfer case rebuild. Squeaks at low speeds and typically when temps are cooler outside. It makes me think it’s a lubrications issue since it’s more frequent in cooler weather. I took the truck to him Wednesday and we were going to try a new set of u joints. However after taking the shaft off the ends of the shaft look like they’ve been hit with a hammer. We put the shaft back in and when you accelerate the truck the entire axle rotated 1-3” up causing the shaft to hit the diff. It’s clearly the springs flexing a lot as I witnessed it myself. Could this be my squeak though? The aluminum driveshaft rubbing on the diff? Based on the angle it would only be “lobe” of the driveshaft hitting at a time. We ordered new heavy duty leaf springs but I still feel I’m going to be chasing a noise but might have avoided an axle coming out from under the truck on the highway? I’m so sick of this truck but it’s what makes me money, some days......

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)