AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quick attach for JD 158 loader?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/16/2019 12:53 (#7249165 - in reply to #7247824)
Subject: RE: Quick attach for JD 158 loader?

I have moved pro boxes with a 158 loader that had the quick attach pallet forks that mount on the bucket and are held on with chains and boomers. This was on a JD 4430.

I would not want to do that again. Maybe stability and lift is significantly enhanced when it's a bit closer but if it's not WAY better, I would not want to do it again.

I did buy a quick attach setup for my 158 although I have not purchased a set of pallet forks for it.

I ordered the Horst quick attach that converts the loader to a Euro or global type quick attach. Euro/Global is the most common style now for tractor sized attachments. Then I welded the adapters to my bucket as well so my bucket could be converted to the Euro/Global style as well. Finally I bought an adapter that converted from Euro/Global to skidsteer. This allowed me to connect to lots of different attachments.

I would recommend the Horst adapter because it has a trigger lock that makes it nice to get an attachment latched. I mostly just leave the skid steer adapter on the grain bag roller since that's the only thing I have that requires a skid steer type mount.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)