AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random thoughts regarding my situation-update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

beh
Posted 5/24/2009 13:30 (#721620 - in reply to #721503)
Subject: Re: Random thoughts regarding my situation-update

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
I will start here and then switch over to email format--

I cannot speak for anyone else, but my experience has been a living hell. Strait up man. I wish this on NO ONE. Not my worst enemy, not Hitler if he were alive.

I want to reiterate the idea it is not her fault and she should NOT have to live this way. There is help.

This is what scared me about seeking help. What will people think? People are so understanding and forgiving. There will be the occasional jack ass about what depression is or isn't. I run with a group of great guys, don't get me wrong. My friends are awesome. But to give a fair assessment of who we are and how forgiving they were-this needs to be explained. They are much better people than I.

My crowd-a bunch of highly intelligent, hard working, hard drinking, clean up nice, sarcastic, personable people. Just great guys. We always had the joke in college that if you wake up in the morning and the chick has a bottle of Prozac on her night stand you better run like hell-cause she was crazy. We are nice guys, but we had no understanding or care to understand depression. We were not sensitive to it. In OUR minds it was all in your head. Let me tell you-for me Karma is a 0000.

Strait up, every one of these guys has got my back. So happy to see me working to regain a quality of life. So happy. So encouraging. Not a one of them has done anything to make me think that I was trying to make excuses for my past. They want to see me take the steps to regain what I once had. They would drop anything for me right now.

Depression is chemical, depressed is in your head. Our society is coming around to that idea which is healthy. Those who have never dealt with it and care not to understand. I hope they never have to understand. I lived with it for five years-and did not believe in its harsh reality. It had to take everything before it broke me. I hope most are not that stupid and stubborn in facing it. But that is how I am wired. I could fix anything. But not this...

I will switch to email now...

Edited by beh 5/24/2009 13:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)