AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GM dealers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 5/18/2009 21:43 (#717687 - in reply to #717666)
Subject: Re: GM dealers

Elmira, Ontario

Ed Winkle - 5/18/2009 21:23 Why would you cut your sales force when that is your business? The dealer pays for the storefront. Do Chrysler and GM dealers owe the companies that much? Ed

The only thing I can see is that the longer term interest is to strengthen their dealer networks. They are taking advantage of the times to do some culling while they can do it without major lawsuits.

With the product line changes and expectation of reduced sales for some time, there is going to be some serious dealer issues anyway in the next couple years. It makes sense to get it over with and move on. I've seen the result of a manufacturer not making the hard decisions. You end up 20 years later with the situation unresolved, and weak dealers all around getting lower than expected market share. Sometimes, crowded dealers scramble for their lives in ways you wouldn't expect.

I would hate to be a dealer that didn't have an approved succession plan right now. Those would be the ones at the top of the list for cancelling contracts.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)