AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Winter feeding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 12/8/2018 10:22 (#7157428 - in reply to #7156915)
Subject: RE: Winter feeding

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Chris, the photo above is the second bale I have ever unrolled and is another of my experiments. The first one was cleaned up reasonably well and whatever was left along with the manure will do this hillside pasture well. I suspect this second bale will eventually get cleaned up fairly well too and is not "wasted".  I also have some year old stalk bales so don't really need any stalk bales.

If it's an emergency and you need some of this low quality dry hay I would sell you a few bales but can't sell anywhere near 40 tons/53 bales! Assuming my 5x6's are about 1500 lb.

I'd suggest you work with the hay auctions in Viola or Lancaster. Here are some of the Lancaster auction results from this week, there is hay available there but at a price.  You mention prices have come down, but it doesn't look like they've come down very far from the link numbers.

Needing another 50 large round bales of alfalfa for a total over 100 bales (80 tons) of large rounds (5x6) bales this time of year is going to be expensive but it is available.

Edited by Jim 12/8/2018 20:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)