AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's the future of farming in North America look like?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

oldtiger
Posted 12/7/2018 21:39 (#7156624 - in reply to #7156415)
Subject: RE: What's the future of farming in North America look like?

NEMO
Jim, I think that I'll come to WI with a bottle of fine bourbon, and we can sit and chat and type at the same time. You're talking about 2 different things. The dairy conversation and the regulation conversation are 2 different things. The OP asked what the future of farming looked like. That's a broad topic, and really if we sat here we could come up with a 100 different concerns. If you aren't in an area where govt regs don't bother you that's great, but really the Waters of the US regs were a prime example if what can happen, and may happen again with an administration change. Look at the buffer deal in MN. Here, we don't make a move on dirt work until NRCS says to. Lotta times it depends on who's on the committee or who the admistrator is. Wait for a new head in the office, and the rules change and things get done. The NB property tax deal is a prime example of regulation in a sense, that can and may be duplicated elsewhere. A lot of the dairy expansion is being done with foreign labor,,,needs more regulation. A lot of the dairy deal is betting on the come, with WalMart betting they can put enough smaller dairy guys out, and replace them with investor owned mega-dairys that they now have contracts on that can be controlled. I'm tired now and my brain hurts,,and I'm going away for a while, All the best to you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)