AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's the future of farming in North America look like?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 12/7/2018 15:50 (#7155783 - in reply to #7155754)
Subject: RE: What's the future of farming in North America look like?

As far as cow calf operations in Texas there is alot of land and alot of herds in the 20 to 200 cow size. Just dont see big corporation taking iver all this land. Dealing with qll those differrent land owners and being so spread apart would be crazy.
I guess though big operators lowing cost of of production could put a noose on the small operatorbut the shear volume of calves small operators produce influences the market.
Infact I see it here in Texas there are fewer and fewer big properties every year. Less and less pastureland each year.

Seems in the next 20 years there is bound to be a shift in supply demand in the farmers favor.

Then agian there is alot of land here under utilized with poor managment. Then agian it takes money to clear land and improve pastures and I doubt a corporation would be shelling out that money which almost always includes fences on other peoples land.

Honestly outside of the beef industry (possibly too) before the tarriff situation I thought pretty much all crop markets were pretty solid. Sure hope this guy doesnt end up bankrupting this job too.
But alot of farmers pocketbooks have been effected.

Infact why would you start a trade war with china in the fall/winter. That is when the US has less upper hand we are selling crops and buying Chinese goods during the holidays more than ever. Companies are bidding on chineese materials for next years production run and so on. Seems spring summer would have made alot more sense.

What do I know i am just a struggling farmer.

Ediy to add.
Maybe it wasnt trump that started the trade war but china putting pressure on us? Food for thought.

Edited by StxPecans 12/7/2018 15:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)