AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had to give this one a jumpstart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Mo NH guy
Posted 12/6/2018 18:10 (#7153722)
Subject: Had to give this one a jumpstart

We are in the middle of calving right now, went to check on the ladies first thing this morning and had a cow off by herself. Wife and I new it would be soon, I asked her to check on her in another hour or so, as I was going to the other side of the place to cut firewood. She called me about an hour an a half later and said she had her calf, told her I would finish in a little while and would be there to check on it and put a tag on it. By the time I got there she had a second calf. Called the wife and had her bring another tag. Cow wasn't acting to interested in the second, and hadn't lick 'd it clean, so I grabbed the calf and brought to the house and put it in the mud room with a small heater and some warm dry old towels, got it dry and warm, it took a bottle of colostrum and was doing well. Our sons got it walking around the house and then we took it back out to mamma. I wiped my gloves all over the calf's face, because they were still wet from bringing it in, and set down in front of mamma and she smelled the calf and let it nurse. Thank God, Lol

(20181206_153625 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20181206_153625 (full).jpg (102KB - 55 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)