AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

F250 or F350 with the V10 or completely different pickup brand???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

LJKCK
Posted 11/29/2018 09:36 (#7135580 - in reply to #7135263)
Subject: RE: F250 or F350 with the V10 or completely different pickup brand???

Western ND
I do the same, bisman and NAT religiously. I'm a chevy guy thinking about like you. Have a beater first gen cummins to beat around in but only a regular cab and "good" truck a crew short duramax that gets maybe 5000 miles a year. Want to go to a long box and considering having one truck for everything. Down side is if it breaks down, upside not having 2 trucks. I used to have oversized tires and leveling kit in the chevy, last set of tires went back to stock size and backed off the torsion bars. Was getting old climbing up, especially with kids.
As far as the 6.7s they are pretty impressive. Last company I worked for has had a lot of them since they came out in 2011 and by far the best engine Ford has put out as far as cost per mile for them. They rolled them out at 100000 but never hardly had anything major go wrong that wasn't partially operator error. I wouldn't say I'm as dedicated to one pickup brand anymore because if an f350 srw showed up somewhere at the right price I would probably get into one.
Was raised in a similar fashion, dad never traded anything until the wheels were about to fall off but seen where that has bit him in the butt also. Has an 03 chevy 6.0 sitting with the second failed engine in under 150000 miles. Was going to dump it after I swapped a used engine in it a few years ago. 2 transmissions later and now another failed engine and he is upside down in it in a bad way. Now they trade their crossover at about 50000 miles and it's been working for them. Pickups are a different story.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)