AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hated to do it this way!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ndsu84
Posted 11/26/2018 19:10 (#7129565 - in reply to #7126322)
Subject: RE: Hated to do it this way!

EC North Dakota
beanplanter - 11/25/2018 11:04

Me; First part of your story.

My Dad; You're not 8 anymore, why in the hell did you leave a single. Nothing good ever comes from leaving a single. Did they teach you this crap in college, cause you sure didn't learn it here. Why don't you just take the cows back to him and reload later?

Me; some dumb reply any good stockman would know is ignorant.

Week later Me; 2nd part of your story.

Dad; Why in the hell didn't you have the trailer situated before bringing him in? Wait, didn't I tell you to take those cows back over there? Bet he'd have followed them right on the trailer if you had. 

Me; Some dumb reply any good stockman would know is ignorant. 

Dad; There's a girl down the road who works cheap, do I need to call her in to help you think straight?

Me; What's she look like? Mumbles, oh ya, I darted the bull and put a chain on him.

Dad; You did what?! 

For the next three weeks; What in the XXXX is wrong with you.

5 years later; Hey neighbor, you remember that one time Jr. lost us that pasture because he left a single, scared the bull off with the trailer, shot the damn thing, and then drug him on the trailer?! That little corner of grass would sure be handy right about now.

10 years later; Me: Where are we going to put these 2 cows for a week or two? Dad: Sure would be nice to put them on that pasture you lost us.

20 years later; Dad: Man, the grass is sure growing on that place. Bet a few calves would make decent money there this summer. Me: ......

30 years later; Dad: Widow Doe finally died. Bet we'd own that place if you hadn't left the bull, chased him with the trailer, and then shot him like a dog. Me: You forgot the drug him on the trailer part. 

This ^^^^ is awesome!!!!!

I have many stories that go exactly like that. Cows, bulls, tractors, whatever.

My cousins version he just told me a week ago.

Dad.....what did you spray on the corn on 32? Cousin...well I tried to save a few dollars an I have a few escapes..............etc....etc....

1 year later...... well that spray you tried last year was a complete disaster! better never do anything that like that again. Cousin.......................

5 years later. What was that chemical you used 5 years ago that was such a terrible decision??

10 years later. Dad.....do you remember that time we sprayed this quarter with that chemical? Cousin...ya dad I f—-ing remember. Dad.... It still shows.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)