AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 4994 and 94 series
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Saskyfarmer
Posted 11/21/2018 22:08 (#7120485 - in reply to #7120368)
Subject: RE: Case 4994 and 94 series

East Central Saskatchewan
Definitely agree. I remember back a long time ago when I was still a little guy, dad had a 970 and a David Brown for quite a few years until we got the 1896. Ran a lot of those 70 and 90 series back in the day during my teenage years. Always liked them for what they where. Pretty easy to work on and got a lot of work done with them. We did have a 85' white 1896 before the red one we got now, but we traded it off for the 87' red one to get a couple more options in the winter of 88'. I would love to find another 18 or 2096 to get for haying, but getting pretty hard to find those models now never mind in good shape for a decent price. I got offered 18k for mine a couple years ago by a guy that delivers feed, but it's not going to leave the farm as long as I'm here. I know there are some real jems sitting around but to start paying 20 to 30k for one doesn't make a lot of sense really. I bought the 1070 this spring actually from a guy a couple hours away, it has been good to me so far, but I kind of overpayed a bit. The boy runs it, he likes the old Cases too. The other day I actually discovered and air filter for the 970 in one storage cabinet. Unfortunately though since the engine is different then the 970 it won't work in it, but I will keep it because who knows what could happen. Knowledge is dieing out day by day in these tractors unfortunately though is the sad part. It seems like you either love em or hate em. I like the white scheme too, the orange rims really made the tractor pop too! Not sure how they got the orange idea though. Anyways that's enough talk for now lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)