AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 4994 and 94 series
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tall35
Posted 11/21/2018 10:35 (#7119326)
Subject: Case 4994 and 94 series

Odessa, Washington
Hi Case lovers and others may be not so much, I have been farming and teaching and in farm politics, working in dryland and irrigation crops and been working on ways to make things better in agriculture for 38 years now. This last harvest was my 53rd straight years in a row. I had my first combine when I was in the 6th grade, I think it may have been a Massy 21. I know they were sure dirty and probably had a tank of about 70 some bu. it was our first self-propelled combine that started to move us away from the tractor pull machines like the International 51, we had it set up so the tractor driver could drive and operate the combine at the same time. You all have stories to tell but my point today is that whenever you started farming and technology was where every you were at that time it has continued to grow and evolve into more complex ideas and machinery, such as the Case 94 was in its time. The history about the 1980's and the tractors is very interesting. There were true facts and not so true statements put out about the tractors, especially the 4994. The Scania engine is a good worker worldwide, and if you know how and where to buy the parts it is a lot cheaper and easy to fix. The Twin Disk transmission was and is used in almost every brand of tractor, it also has been good to us. Name your color and I bet they have used it.
I may be a little or a lot crazy but I do like those tractors, maybe that is why I have 4 of them plus a 4890 and 4894 and at one time I had a 2670. This last week we installed our first computer to control the steering and shifting of the Twin Disk power shift transmission.
Push a button your in 2 or 4 wheel steering push the up or down button and you go from neutral to 12 or back to reverse R1 and R2.
I share this with you so you know there is inexpensive modern control for steering and shifting of the 94 series tractor and that the same technology can be used in many of the other tractors that need electronic updates. So if that 94 won’t work for you except the error codes, fix it and enjoy a tractor that will still do the work of a 90000 dollar tractor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)