AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean 2019 cash flow : $8.50
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

coup
Posted 11/20/2018 20:35 (#7118252 - in reply to #7117947)
Subject: RE: Soybean 2019 cash flow : $8.50

USA
Scott (OSU) - 11/20/2018 17:44

This is completely my opinion but I feel we are only at the beginning of the downtrend. Will it go a lot lower from where we are? Hard to say but I do think it will go lower and I personally don’t see it going back up to profitable levels for quite a while. After the carter grain embargo we went from Russia being a huge grain importer from us to becoming one of our competitors in the export market. I think the same thing is happening with the current tarriffs. We are permanently losing our grain market to another country. Brazil is adding acres to their production and these won’t be taken out of production anytime soon. China is helping them with their infrastructure improvements and then they will become the low cost producer of soybeans and possibly other grains in the future. Like I said this is just my opinion and I hope I am proved wrong by the market. Politics and weather could throw a wrench in this as well.

We were loosing world bean market share to SA long before current tariffs were slapped on US beans by China.

Edited by coup 11/20/2018 20:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)