AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The future of the Methodist Church?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 11/18/2018 06:53 (#7112167)
Subject: The future of the Methodist Church?

Eastern Shore of MD
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion...

This is disturbing! My wife’s family are life long Methodists and they are ready to leave the church if this goes the way the church seems to want it to. I’ve read some other commentary on this and the ‘justification’ for this is blasphemy in and of itself.

We are practicing LCMS Lutherans and I don’t see this as a future debate for us, not any time soon at least, but my heart goes out to those whose church is about to be torn apart and divided by the consequences of this vote.

My Uncle blames it on past generation’s betrayal of the Bible when congregations allowed women to be pastors, to vote in church matters and when marriage and divorce quit being frowned upon by the church in general. He always said, even long before this, that those were slippery slopes that ‘taught’ believers that we can choose what we want to believe and obey, and what we don’t. The above mentioned examples are clearly defined in the Bible as wrong but choose any given church, and there is a good chance that you’ll see it there. So Now churches are trying to push this through.

Shew, we are in trouble and need to bring GOD back into our hearts and daily lives, not the sinful desires of man.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)